Vermont woman killed in NH accidentApril 08,2013Vt. woman killed in NH accident
CLAREMONT, N.H. — Police are investigating an early morning car accident in Claremont that killed a 42-year-old woman.
Claremont police say a pickup driven by 29-year-old Luke Garlinger of Mansfield, Mass., was traveling on Main Street shortly after midnight Sunday when it veered into the opposite lane and collided with a minivan.
Police say the driver of the van, Shellie Blaisdell of Windsor, Vt., was taken to Valley Regional Hospital, where she died of injuries sustained in the accident. A 13-year-old boy who was in the vehicle was hospitalized with injuries.
Officials say Garlinger was first taken to Valley Regional Hospital and then to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
Claremont police, New Hampshire State Police and the Sullivan County Attorney’s Office are investigating.MORE IN This Just InMONTPELIER — The state Public Service Board has ordered Vermont Gas Systems to stop digging... Full StoryBRANDON – The Select Board on Monday night took another stab at cobbling together a budget,... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1898, Nelson Miles leads American troops into Puerto Rico during Spanish-American War, Bob Dylan electrifies Newport Folk Festival in 1965, author and longshoreman Eric Hoffer born this day in 1902.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: No charges to be filed inconnection with crash of city police cruiser, farmers group turn to Internet to raise money for solar project, Street Talk polls passersby about legal marijuana.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information for Friday, July 25, and easily digestible news tidbits: Mysterious enormous hole in the Siberian tundra baffles scientists.