Vermont woman killed in NH accidentApril 08,2013Vt. woman killed in NH accident
CLAREMONT, N.H. — Police are investigating an early morning car accident in Claremont that killed a 42-year-old woman.
Claremont police say a pickup driven by 29-year-old Luke Garlinger of Mansfield, Mass., was traveling on Main Street shortly after midnight Sunday when it veered into the opposite lane and collided with a minivan.
Police say the driver of the van, Shellie Blaisdell of Windsor, Vt., was taken to Valley Regional Hospital, where she died of injuries sustained in the accident. A 13-year-old boy who was in the vehicle was hospitalized with injuries.
Officials say Garlinger was first taken to Valley Regional Hospital and then to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon.
Claremont police, New Hampshire State Police and the Sullivan County Attorney’s Office are investigating.MORE IN This Just InThis column can in no way give justice to the work that Bruce Wilson is doing, nor to the... Full StoryLUHANSK, Ukraine — A convoy of more than 200 white trucks crossed the Russian border to deliver... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City celebrates completion of its newest mural, on West Street opposite the post office, more than $2 million in federal grants will bolster Vermont's health centers, Patrick McArdle reports on pending sale of Vermont papers.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Who will run for mayor in Rutland next year? Has Bennington overcome its fear of twerking? Documentary 'Hungry Heart' packs the Paramount, and the city's Creek Path scores another million-plus dollars.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: The 1509 'Lesser Judgment' earthquake on this day at Constantinople kills 13,000 and destroys the city; in 1801, on this day, Marie Laveau, the Voodoo Queen of New Orleans is born.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Meeting with city police opens topic of bias, Gov. Shumlin announces he'll seek a third term, open party in Main Street Park will celebrate Bethany Bosch's English Channel swim, state task force arrests three drug peddlers..
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Kevin O'Connor reports on the death of Lola Pierotti Aiken, widow of the late Vt. Governor and U.S. Senator George Aiken and Erin Mansfield writes about Clarendon's survey for residents to weigh in on the town's future needs.