Joanne B. SwahnApril 08,2013
Joanne B. SwahnJoanne B. Swahn
Joanne B. Reed Swahn, 75, of Rutland, died April 5, 2013, after a long illness.
She was born April 23, 1937, in Pittsford, the daughter of John Carmi and T. Kathleen (Riley) Reed.
She attended Pittsford/Barstow High School.
Survivors include her husband, John A. “Jack” Swahn of Rutland; four children, Kathleen Swahn of Pittsford, John Swahn of Barre, Leslie Nichols of Bellefonte, Pa., and Reed Swahn of Mendon; 11 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren; three siblings, Sally Turner, Dorothy “Dutchie” Chastaine, both of Pittsford, and Thomas Reed of Hampton, N.Y.; numerous nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by two brothers, Hayden “Sonny” and Rodney “Whezzy” Reed.
The graveside service will be held at a later date in Evergreen Cemetery in Pittsford.
Memorial contributions may be made to American Cancer Society, 55 Day Lane, Williston, VT 05495; or Rutland Regional Medical Center Dialysis Unit, 160 Allen St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Barnard Funeral Home in Pittsford.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.