Florence P. BeebeApril 08,2013Florence P. Beebe Rites
The memorial service for Florence Parker Beebe, 99, of Rutland, who died Jan. 28, 2013, was held Saturday, April 6, at Grace Congregational United Church of Christ.
The Rev. John Weatherhogg, senior minister, officiated.
Organist and accompanist was Rip Jackson. Soloist was Andrea Champine-Lopez. Pianist was Carol Lewis, a niece.
Eulogies were offered by daughter Marjorie Candon and grandson the Rev. Alan Williams, and words of remembrance by family and friends.
Burial was in East Clarendon Cemetery.
Arrangements were under the direction of the Tossing Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.