DUI and crash bring jail timeApril 06,2013DUI and crash
bring prison time
BENNINGTON — A Pownal man will serve eight days in jail after pleading guilty Friday to drunken driving and leaving the scene of a crash in separate October incidents.
Jeremy M. Wilson, 34, pleaded guilty in Bennington criminal court to a felony DUI count and a misdemeanor count of leaving the scene of a crash which caused property damage.
The state dismissed three other pending felony counts of driving under the influence of alcohol.
Wilson was arraigned on two felony counts of drunk driving Oct. 29 and two more felony counts of the same charge, plus the misdemeanor count of leaving the scene of an accident, Oct. 31.
Police said in the first case Wilson was legally inebriated when he was stopped on Route 7 in Pownal on Oct. 13.
In the second case, police said Wilson fled from a crash near a horse farm on Middle Pownal Road on Oct. 21. He was found hiding in a horse pasture, police said.
A breath test indicated Wilson’s blood-alcohol content was more than three times the legal limit for driving, police said.
Wilson was sentenced Friday to serve one to two years in prison, but all of it was suspended except for eight days.MORE IN This Just InDearest farm, with your well-worked fields full of food, I love you. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.