DUI and crash bring jail timeApril 06,2013DUI and crash
bring prison time
BENNINGTON ó A Pownal man will serve eight days in jail after pleading guilty Friday to drunken driving and leaving the scene of a crash in separate October incidents.
Jeremy M. Wilson, 34, pleaded guilty in Bennington criminal court to a felony DUI count and a misdemeanor count of leaving the scene of a crash which caused property damage.
The state dismissed three other pending felony counts of driving under the influence of alcohol.
Wilson was arraigned on two felony counts of drunk driving Oct. 29 and two more felony counts of the same charge, plus the misdemeanor count of leaving the scene of an accident, Oct. 31.
Police said in the first case Wilson was legally inebriated when he was stopped on Route 7 in Pownal on Oct. 13.
In the second case, police said Wilson fled from a crash near a horse farm on Middle Pownal Road on Oct. 21. He was found hiding in a horse pasture, police said.
A breath test indicated Wilsonís blood-alcohol content was more than three times the legal limit for driving, police said.
Wilson was sentenced Friday to serve one to two years in prison, but all of it was suspended except for eight days.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, striking Colo. miners attacked with machine guns by state police; 1877, Thomas Edison announces invention of the phonograph, 1959, Alan Freed fired by WABC 770 AM for accepting payola to promote records.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1863, President Abraham Lincoln delivers short speech in Gettysburg, Pa.; in 1984, a Pemex LNG facility destroyed by series of gas explosions, 600 people are killed; in 1998, Senate builds fire under Bill Clinton.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1831 – Independent South American super-state, Gran Colombia, dissolved; 1856 - Fort Buchanan built to control Apache warriors; 1970 - William Calley Jr. goes on trial after 1968 massacre at My Lai, Vietnam.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Wisconsin Sen. Joe McCarthy takes advantage of Cold War jitters and builds a tidy little fiefdom for himself on Capitol Hill. It's all good, but pride goes before you know darn well what. The junior senator is damaged going down.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1927, Leon Trotsky is expelled from the Soviet Communist Party, leaving Joseph Stalin in control of the Soviet Union; in 1970, Oregon DOT tries to dynamite a dead whale off a beach with a rather shocking result.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1972, Southern Airways Flight 49 is hijacked, the crew and passengers held for ransom. The hijackers want $10 million and passage to Cuba. In 2007, in Santiago, Chile, King Juan Carlos of Spain loses patience with Hugo Chavez.