Fundraiser set for injured snowboarderApril 05,2013Fundraiser set for
KILLINGTON — A fundraiser for injured local snowboarder Max Elles will be held 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the Foundry at Summit Pond.
Elles — a lifelong Killington resident and two-time silver medalist in USA Snowboarding Association competitions — fell while riding in December and injured his L1 and T12 vertebrae.
Elles has had two surgeries and is undergoing physical rehabilitation, with hopes of returning to the slopes next winter.
Sunday’s benefit will include hors d’oeuvres, live music, a silent auction, a raffle and magic. All proceeds will defray the costs of Elles’ rehabilitation.
For more information, call 422-3025.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation