Fundraiser set for injured snowboarderApril 05,2013Fundraiser set for
KILLINGTON — A fundraiser for injured local snowboarder Max Elles will be held 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the Foundry at Summit Pond.
Elles — a lifelong Killington resident and two-time silver medalist in USA Snowboarding Association competitions — fell while riding in December and injured his L1 and T12 vertebrae.
Elles has had two surgeries and is undergoing physical rehabilitation, with hopes of returning to the slopes next winter.
Sunday’s benefit will include hors d’oeuvres, live music, a silent auction, a raffle and magic. All proceeds will defray the costs of Elles’ rehabilitation.
For more information, call 422-3025.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.