Fundraiser set for injured snowboarderApril 05,2013Fundraiser set for
KILLINGTON — A fundraiser for injured local snowboarder Max Elles will be held 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the Foundry at Summit Pond.
Elles — a lifelong Killington resident and two-time silver medalist in USA Snowboarding Association competitions — fell while riding in December and injured his L1 and T12 vertebrae.
Elles has had two surgeries and is undergoing physical rehabilitation, with hopes of returning to the slopes next winter.
Sunday’s benefit will include hors d’oeuvres, live music, a silent auction, a raffle and magic. All proceeds will defray the costs of Elles’ rehabilitation.
For more information, call 422-3025.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.