Fundraiser set for injured snowboarderApril 05,2013Fundraiser set for
KILLINGTON — A fundraiser for injured local snowboarder Max Elles will be held 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at the Foundry at Summit Pond.
Elles — a lifelong Killington resident and two-time silver medalist in USA Snowboarding Association competitions — fell while riding in December and injured his L1 and T12 vertebrae.
Elles has had two surgeries and is undergoing physical rehabilitation, with hopes of returning to the slopes next winter.
Sunday’s benefit will include hors d’oeuvres, live music, a silent auction, a raffle and magic. All proceeds will defray the costs of Elles’ rehabilitation.
For more information, call 422-3025.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.