Tinmouth hosts guitar benefitApril 05,2013Tinmouth hosts
TINMOUTH — The Old Firehouse Concert Series kicks off its season tonight with music by internationally renowned guitar player Peter Griggs.
Griggs will present a show titled “500 Years of Music for Guitar,” which will trace the history of the instrument from its origins in Spain to today, covering musical styles from the Renaissance through bossa nova.
The concert will benefit the Tinmouth Community Fund, which supports services and facilities for residents and the town.
Doors open at 7 p.m. and show will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Old Firehouse, five miles west of Route 7 on Route 140. Admission is $10.
For more information, visit tinmouthvt.org. To hear some of Griggs’ music, visitmyspace.com/petergriggsnyc.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?