Tinmouth hosts guitar benefitApril 05,2013Tinmouth hosts
TINMOUTH — The Old Firehouse Concert Series kicks off its season tonight with music by internationally renowned guitar player Peter Griggs.
Griggs will present a show titled “500 Years of Music for Guitar,” which will trace the history of the instrument from its origins in Spain to today, covering musical styles from the Renaissance through bossa nova.
The concert will benefit the Tinmouth Community Fund, which supports services and facilities for residents and the town.
Doors open at 7 p.m. and show will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Old Firehouse, five miles west of Route 7 on Route 140. Admission is $10.
For more information, visit tinmouthvt.org. To hear some of Griggs’ music, visitmyspace.com/petergriggsnyc.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Acclaimed illusionist & escape artist Harry Houdini, performing in Montreal in 1926, is sucker-punched by a McGill University student. Houdini doesn't know he has peritonitis - the punches are possible factor in his Oct. 31 death.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Police Chief James Baker to resign from the force at the end of the year to take a job in Washington, D.C., jury remains out in teacher killing murder trial, Rec Dept. releases report on what's wrong with White's Pool.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.