Tinmouth hosts guitar benefitApril 05,2013Tinmouth hosts
TINMOUTH — The Old Firehouse Concert Series kicks off its season tonight with music by internationally renowned guitar player Peter Griggs.
Griggs will present a show titled “500 Years of Music for Guitar,” which will trace the history of the instrument from its origins in Spain to today, covering musical styles from the Renaissance through bossa nova.
The concert will benefit the Tinmouth Community Fund, which supports services and facilities for residents and the town.
Doors open at 7 p.m. and show will begin at 7:30 p.m. at the Old Firehouse, five miles west of Route 7 on Route 140. Admission is $10.
For more information, visit tinmouthvt.org. To hear some of Griggs’ music, visitmyspace.com/petergriggsnyc.MORE IN This Just InBENNINGTON — A man is accused of crashing his car in Winhall on May 11 and then leaving the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.