Police seek link to robberiesApril 05,2013LEBANON, N.H. ó Authorities are investigating whether a New Hampshire man shot dead after a Vermont robbery may be connected to similar robberies in Lebanon.
Detectives with the Lebanon Police Department are investigating whether 51-year-old Larry Bohannon of Grafton could have been the man involved in the armed robberies at the Little Store and the Family Dollar store last month.
Bohannon was shot and killed by police Friday after allegedly robbing an office supplies store in Bellows Falls, Vt., at gunpoint and leading police on a chase that ended when the truck he was driving crashed in Walpole.
Bohannon died from gunshot wounds to the head, chest, and abdomen.
Itís unknown if Bohannon fired at police before he was killed.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1871, After long summer drought comes simultaneous devastating upper Midwest wildfires; Chicago city center in ruins; in 1967, after brief firefight, Ernesto 'Che' Guevara captured alive in Bolivian jungle camp.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City aldermen discuss future of recreation department facilities, three bears killed in interstate crash, town school principal rewards students' good reading habits, fight at city jail sends a man to hospital.