Police seek link to robberiesApril 05,2013LEBANON, N.H. — Authorities are investigating whether a New Hampshire man shot dead after a Vermont robbery may be connected to similar robberies in Lebanon.
Detectives with the Lebanon Police Department are investigating whether 51-year-old Larry Bohannon of Grafton could have been the man involved in the armed robberies at the Little Store and the Family Dollar store last month.
Bohannon was shot and killed by police Friday after allegedly robbing an office supplies store in Bellows Falls, Vt., at gunpoint and leading police on a chase that ended when the truck he was driving crashed in Walpole.
Bohannon died from gunshot wounds to the head, chest, and abdomen.
It’s unknown if Bohannon fired at police before he was killed.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.