Joseph E. SerraniApril 05,2013
Joseph E. SerraniJoseph E. Serrani
WEST RUTLAND — Joseph E. Serrani, 76, of West Rutland died Wednesday, April 3, 2013, at his home with his family.
He was born in Barre, VT, February 17, 1937, the son of Joseph and Elsie (Cleary) Serrani.
He was married October 5, 1957, to Patricia (Densmore) Serrani.
Joseph was the owner of Westside Press, and formerly employed by Montgomery Ward.
Joe played guitar in the band Harvey G and the Silvermen, and the Don Bletz and the Bleacher Boys Band.
He enjoyed his work, riding his scooter, his dog Scruffy, the Boston Red Sox, Boston Celtics and the New York Giants.
He was a member of the Moose Club.
Surviving are his wife Patricia of West Rutland; four sons, Carl Serrani and his wife Laurie of West Rutland, Joseph Serrani of West Rutland, David Serrani and his wife Dianna of West Rutland, and Stephen Serrani and his wife Barbara of Pennsville, N.J.; a sister, Patricia Manley of Milton; five grandchildren, Matthew, Ali, Kenny, Kasey and Tyler; nieces and nephews, Brenda Jennings, Bonnie Yarnell, Marilyn Godin, Rick Aldrich, Tim Longley, Christine Moore and Deborah Trepanier.
He was predeceased by a sister Barbara Savage, and a half-brother Joseph Cleary.
Funeral services will be held Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at 2 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland. Officiating will be the Rev. Vincent Coppola.
Visiting hours will be held Tuesday from 12 noon to 2 p.m. at the funeral home.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to West Rutland School, c/o Clifford Funeral Home, 2 Washington St., Rutland, VT 05701.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.