Police seek missing teensStaff report | April 03,2013Rutland City Police are searching for a pair of missing teenagers who are believed to have run away together.
Nicholas Hall, 13, of Castleton and Katie Blanchette, 17, of Rutland were last seen March 27 in the city, according to police.
Blanchette is described as 5 feet 4 inches tall and 116 pounds with blue eyes and brown hair.
She was last seen wearing black stretch leggings, a purple sweatshirt with large white letters spelling out “GAP” on it and green and black sneakers.
Hall is 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighs 160 pounds, with brown eyes and brown hair.
He was last seen wearing jeans, black boots and a black Adidas sweatshirt. He was carrying a yellow backpack.
Hall also has a tattoo on his left shoulder.
Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Cpl. Robert Gorruso at 773-1820.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day 1739, 'Richard Palmer' identified in prison at York Castle as the notorious outlaw DICK TURPIN; IN 1836, Battle of the Alamo begins near San Antonio de Bexar, Texas; 1896, the Tootsie Roll invented by LEO HIRSCHFELD.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1472, Orkney, Shetland islands put up as collateral by Norway to Scotland in lieu of dowry for MARGARET OF DENMARK on her marriage with JAMES III, king of Scotland; 1962, JOHN GLENN first American to orbit Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: City mayoral candidates debate campaign issues; Hartford, Conn., woman still missing; Neal Goswami reports attempts to legislate suicide; local woman loses 100 pounds through TOPS program.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1878, JOHN TUNSTALL murdered near Lincoln, New Mexico, by the outlaw JESSE EVANS; in 1930, ELM FARM OLLIE first cow to fly in aircraft, first to be milked airborne; 1955, nuke test WASP; '79, snow in Sahara.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Herald News Editor Alan J. Keays and staff writer Gordon Dritschilo discuss stories planned for the February 18, 2015, edition of the newspaper: Winter budgets maxed, legal marijuana, Springfield bank job, USPS slowdown
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1249 AD, ANDRE of LONGJUMEAU is dispatched by LOUIS IX of France to meet the KHAGAN, ruler of the Mongol Empire; in 1804, during 1st Barbary War, STEPHEN DECATUR scuttles the pirate-held USS Philadelphia in Tripoli.