Shelburne Museum to open art center in AugustThe Associated Press | April 03,2013SHELBURNE — The Shelburne Museum’s new Center for Art and Education is scheduled to open on Aug. 18.
The opening will mark the first time in the museum’s 66-year history that it will be open year-round.
The center will allow the museum to have an expanded range of exhibitions and new programming.
The 18,000-square-foot center was designed by Ann Beha Architects, a Boston-based firm. The center includes galleries, an auditorium and a classroom.
The Center for Art and Education is part of the Campaign for Shelburne Museum, a $14-million capital campaign. The campaign also includes an endowment to sustain the center and installation of a fiber-optic communications network throughout the museum’s 45-acre campus.MORE IN This Just InPEARL HARBOR, Hawaii — About 2,500 people gathered at Pearl Harbor on Saturday to remember those... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation