Adrian ChenailleApril 03,2013
Adrian ChenailleAdrian Chenaille
POWNAL — Adrian “Pat” Chenaille, 80, died unexpectedly Monday, April 1, 2013.
He was born July 26, 1932, in Bennington, the son of Ernest and Olive (LaFrenier) Chenaille.
He received his education in the Pownal schools.
A veteran of the Korean War, he served in the U.S. Army with the 172nd Infantry from Bennington and was stationed in Germany during that time.
He married the former Dorothy “Dot” Romanowski at St. Francis de Sales Church in Bennington on Nov. 29, 1952.
He was a self-employed carpenter in the area for many years. He and his wife also operated Mid-Town Bowl for nine years.
He enjoyed hunting and especially enjoyed fishing trips on Cape Cod.
Survivors include his wife, Dot Chenaille of Pownal; his children, Ernie Chenaille, Cathy Vosburgh, and Wendy Chenaille, all of Bennington, and Larry Chenaille of Thomaston, Conn.; four grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; two sisters, Theresa Forcier and Victoria Baker, both of Bennington; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
He was predeceased by a sister and two brothers, Madeline Krawczyk, and Joseph and Alfred “Red” Chenaille.
A Service of Remembrance will be held Thursday, April 4, 2013, at 6 p.m. from the Mahar & Son Funeral Home.
Friends may call at the funeral home Thursday from 5 p.m. until the time of the service.
Memorial contributions may be made to either the Pownal Rescue Squad or the Pownal Valley Fire Department through the office of the Mahar & Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
Guestbook condolences may be made at www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.