Donald GoodrichApril 02,2013
Donald GoodrichDonald Goodrich
SALISBURY — Donald “Chief” Goodrich, 84, died Saturday, March 30, 2013, at his home following a brief illness.
He was born June 10, 1928, in Salisbury, the son of Wilbur and Irma (Douglas) Goodrich.
He married Mildred Phelps on Sept. 3, 1949, in Chittenden. Together with his wife, they operated the Goodrich Farm in Salisbury since 1955.
He enjoyed family gatherings, hunting trips, and working on his property in Illinois.
Survivors include a son, Ernie Goodrich of Salisbury; three daughters, Donna Lawton of Bridport, and Debbie Goodrich and Penny Supernaw, both of Salisbury; 10 grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren.
He was predeceased by his wife Mildred on April 5, 2009, a daughter Roxanne, and an infant.
A memorial service will be held Friday, April 5, 2013, at 1:30 p.m. at the Salisbury Congregational Church. The Rev. John Grivetti, pastor, will officiate.
Burial will follow in West Side Cemetery in Salisbury.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Salisbury Congregational Church at Main Street, Salisbury, VT 05769; or to the Addison County Home Health & Hospice at P.O. Box 754, Middlebury, VT 05753.
Arrangements have been entrusted to the Sanderson-Ducharme Funeral Home in Middlebury. www.sandersonfuneralservice.com.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.