WESTFORD — Vermont State Police are on the hunt for Bigfoot.
Police are trying to find a Sasquatch sculpture stolen from a driveway in Westford.
Authorities say the 8-pound, 15-inch-tall plastic sculpture of a Bigfoot head and chest was taken off a tree sometime Saturday or Sunday.
Trooper Todd Ambroz said Monday that the homeowners who had recently moved to Westford are fond of their Sasquatch and just want it back.
He says the Bigfoot owners are using a community website called Front Porch Forum to try to find the beast.
Anyone with information about the missing Sasquatch is asked to call the Vermont State Police barracks in Williston.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Different people have different stars. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.