WESTFORD — Vermont State Police are on the hunt for Bigfoot.
Police are trying to find a Sasquatch sculpture stolen from a driveway in Westford.
Authorities say the 8-pound, 15-inch-tall plastic sculpture of a Bigfoot head and chest was taken off a tree sometime Saturday or Sunday.
Trooper Todd Ambroz said Monday that the homeowners who had recently moved to Westford are fond of their Sasquatch and just want it back.
He says the Bigfoot owners are using a community website called Front Porch Forum to try to find the beast.
Anyone with information about the missing Sasquatch is asked to call the Vermont State Police barracks in Williston.MORE IN Vermont News
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.