BURLINGTON — Congressman Peter Welch has announced legislation that he says will make it easier to pay for renewable energy projects in Vermont and around the country.
He says the proposal would expand a financing tool used by the energy sector called master limited partnerships to renewable energy projects.
Currently, those projects are not eligible for that business structure, which is taxed as a partnership but is traded like a corporate stock.
Welch said Monday that expanding MLP financing to renewable energy projects would be a boost to the industry and for a cleaner energy future.
He talked about the proposal Monday at a discussion with Vermont renewable energy companies at AllEarth Renewables in Williston.MORE IN Vermont NewsWASHINGTON — The president of the Vermont-based New England Federal Credit Union urged Congress... Full StoryTo overcome Vermont Health Connect's early technological woes, more than 100 employees in the... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation