takes top honors
BRANDON — The McKernon Group placed first in the category of Commercial Renovation by the Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Southern Vermont.
Known locally and statewide for its residential and light commercial projects, The McKernon Group was honored for its renovation of the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery in Lake Placid, N.Y.
The building underwent a facelift and upgrade to maximize the use of the restaurant and brewery space.
The restaurant and brewery remained open during the eight months of construction. The building is now handicapped accessible. The use of spray foam insulation has also reduced the owner’s heating bills.
The project was evaluated for its construction practices, craftsmanship, energy-saving design and materials.MORE IN National / World BusinessWASHINGTON — Racing to adjourn for the summer, the Senate scheduled major votes Tuesday on... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.