takes top honors
BRANDON — The McKernon Group placed first in the category of Commercial Renovation by the Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Southern Vermont.
Known locally and statewide for its residential and light commercial projects, The McKernon Group was honored for its renovation of the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery in Lake Placid, N.Y.
The building underwent a facelift and upgrade to maximize the use of the restaurant and brewery space.
The restaurant and brewery remained open during the eight months of construction. The building is now handicapped accessible. The use of spray foam insulation has also reduced the owner’s heating bills.
The project was evaluated for its construction practices, craftsmanship, energy-saving design and materials.MORE IN National / World BusinessNEW YORK — Brooklyn Roasting Co. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Ever wonder why the otherwise straight-lined Appalachian chain's got a big crimp in it in Pennsylvania and and New York?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Scott Milne opens campaign for governor's office, crime statistics fall in city, new home for homeless prevention center, traffic cameras are not watching you, capital panel hears testimony about protecting children.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.