takes top honors
BRANDON — The McKernon Group placed first in the category of Commercial Renovation by the Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Southern Vermont.
Known locally and statewide for its residential and light commercial projects, The McKernon Group was honored for its renovation of the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery in Lake Placid, N.Y.
The building underwent a facelift and upgrade to maximize the use of the restaurant and brewery space.
The restaurant and brewery remained open during the eight months of construction. The building is now handicapped accessible. The use of spray foam insulation has also reduced the owner’s heating bills.
The project was evaluated for its construction practices, craftsmanship, energy-saving design and materials.MORE IN National / World BusinessWASHINGTON — While Republicans in Congress shout, “Repeal Obamacare,” GOP governors in many... Full StoryA new concern about the spread of Ebola surfaced recently when a Dallas County sheriff’s deputy... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.