takes top honors
BRANDON — The McKernon Group placed first in the category of Commercial Renovation by the Home Builders and Remodelers Association of Southern Vermont.
Known locally and statewide for its residential and light commercial projects, The McKernon Group was honored for its renovation of the Lake Placid Pub and Brewery in Lake Placid, N.Y.
The building underwent a facelift and upgrade to maximize the use of the restaurant and brewery space.
The restaurant and brewery remained open during the eight months of construction. The building is now handicapped accessible. The use of spray foam insulation has also reduced the owner’s heating bills.
The project was evaluated for its construction practices, craftsmanship, energy-saving design and materials.MORE IN National / World BusinessNEW YORK — Corporate earnings season got off to a positive start Wednesday, helping lift the... Full StoryNEW YORK — Turns out, being a one-hit wonder is risky. Full StoryBELLINGHAM, Wash. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.