Richard J. LindseyMarch 31,2013Richard J. Lindsey
SHAFTSBURY — Richard J. Lindsey, 72, died unexpectedly Friday, March 29, 2013, at his residence.
Survivors include his wife, Lois Allyn Lindsey of Shaftsbury; two daughters, Rae Kenyon and Brooke Southwick; four grandchildren; and a brother, Ronald Lindsey of Shaftsbury.
Memorial services will be held Saturday, April 13, at 11 a.m. at the First Baptist Church in Bennington. The Rev. Jerrod Hugenot, pastor, will officiate.
Memorial contributions may be made to the First Baptist Church, the American Diabetes Association, or the Vermont Heart Association through the office of the Mahar & Son Funeral Home, 628 Main St., Bennington, VT 05201.
A full obituary notice and guest book condolences may be found at www.maharandsonfuneralhome.net.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE:Chemicals used in hydraulic fracturing that pollute ground water and the air we breathe come under scrutiny by researchers who find at least eight fracking chemicals toxic to mammals.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: The craze for Omega-3 fatty acids as a dietary supplement in its most popular form, fish oil, has led to depletion of fish stocks in oceans throughout the world. Is this the beginning of the total collapse of global fisheries?
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Suspects arrested in Killington bear death, Bryanna Allen and Kevin O'Connor report along the Back to School front, Rutland Plywood site remains an active fire scene as debris continues to smolder.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Forests around Chernobyl, even though dead from massive irradiation after nuclear accident 30 years ago, still have not even begun to decompose, natural balance disrupted at microbial level.
- Dogs have their day at White's Pool
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: In 1609, Galileo demonstrates his telescope to Venetian lawmakers; during the same year, the Spanish Inquisition begins Basque witch trials, Henry Hudson sets sail from Amsterdam to North America, Shakespeare's sonnets published.