Judith E. CreedMarch 30,2013
Judith E. CreedJudith E. Creed
Judith E. Creed, 63, of Mendon died peacefully Wednesday evening, March 27, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center surrounded by her loving family.
She was born March 7, 1950, in Rutland, VT, the daughter of Philip A. Miller Jr. and Anne McLaughlin Miller.
Judi was a graduate of Mount Saint Joseph Academy, Class of 1968. She then went on to earn her LPN at Castleton State College.
She married James M. Creed on October 18, 1986. They resided in Rutland for several years before moving to Mendon.
She worked in several local extended care facilities before taking time to raise her family. Then as her children grew older, she began a career as a para-educator in the Rutland City Public School System.
Judi will be remembered for her selfless devotion to her family and friends. She never hesitated to offer her kindness and assistance to anyone in need. She loved being surrounded by her family and friends and she had her own unique way of charging through life.
She is survived by her loving and devoted husband James M. Creed; her mother Anne McLaughlin Miller of Rutland, Vermont; two sons, Christopher Taylor and his wife Jennifer of Milton, Vermont, and Christopher Creed and his wife Deborah of Rutland, Vermont; four daughters, Heather Perkins of Rutland, Vermont, Haley Creed of Boston, Massachusetts, Hillary Creed of Portland, Maine, and Jamie MacJarrett of Bennington, Vermont; a sister Patricia Mariano and her husband James of Scituate, Massachusetts; her brother Philip H. Miller and his wife Anne Marie of Los Angeles, California; eight grandchildren, Emily, Katherine, Grace, Courtney, Matthew, Lauren, Michael and Francis; four nieces, one nephew and her loving canine companion Ida.
She was predeceased by her father Philip A. Miller Jr., and a brother Christopher J. Miller.
Visiting hours will be held Monday, April 1, 2013, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
The funeral will be held at Christ the King Church in Rutland on Tuesday, April 2, 2013, at 11 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Joslin Diabetes Center, 1 Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215.
The family would like to thank our amazing wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt and grandmother for filling our lives with love, kindness and especially laughter.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont Yankee announces final day of nuclear power generation in Vermont, storm brings floods back to Chester, Castleton town manager to resign office, chronic offender sentenced to 25 years for sexual assault.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Archaeologists find a leather shoe in a cave in Armenia that predates the Pyramids by more than a thousand years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1932, President Hoover orders the Army to evict bonus marchers from Anacostia Flats; author Malcolm Lowry born this day, as is Jackie Kennedy and Mike Bloomfield; Stephen Crane on consuming one's own heart.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Earth barely avoids being blasted by immense solar flare in 2012, astrophysicists say next time might not be so lucky.