Judith E. CreedMarch 30,2013
Judith E. CreedJudith E. Creed
Judith E. Creed, 63, of Mendon died peacefully Wednesday evening, March 27, 2013, at Rutland Regional Medical Center surrounded by her loving family.
She was born March 7, 1950, in Rutland, VT, the daughter of Philip A. Miller Jr. and Anne McLaughlin Miller.
Judi was a graduate of Mount Saint Joseph Academy, Class of 1968. She then went on to earn her LPN at Castleton State College.
She married James M. Creed on October 18, 1986. They resided in Rutland for several years before moving to Mendon.
She worked in several local extended care facilities before taking time to raise her family. Then as her children grew older, she began a career as a para-educator in the Rutland City Public School System.
Judi will be remembered for her selfless devotion to her family and friends. She never hesitated to offer her kindness and assistance to anyone in need. She loved being surrounded by her family and friends and she had her own unique way of charging through life.
She is survived by her loving and devoted husband James M. Creed; her mother Anne McLaughlin Miller of Rutland, Vermont; two sons, Christopher Taylor and his wife Jennifer of Milton, Vermont, and Christopher Creed and his wife Deborah of Rutland, Vermont; four daughters, Heather Perkins of Rutland, Vermont, Haley Creed of Boston, Massachusetts, Hillary Creed of Portland, Maine, and Jamie MacJarrett of Bennington, Vermont; a sister Patricia Mariano and her husband James of Scituate, Massachusetts; her brother Philip H. Miller and his wife Anne Marie of Los Angeles, California; eight grandchildren, Emily, Katherine, Grace, Courtney, Matthew, Lauren, Michael and Francis; four nieces, one nephew and her loving canine companion Ida.
She was predeceased by her father Philip A. Miller Jr., and a brother Christopher J. Miller.
Visiting hours will be held Monday, April 1, 2013, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
The funeral will be held at Christ the King Church in Rutland on Tuesday, April 2, 2013, at 11 a.m.
In lieu of flowers, please send donations to Joslin Diabetes Center, 1 Joslin Place, Boston, MA 02215.
The family would like to thank our amazing wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt and grandmother for filling our lives with love, kindness and especially laughter.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.