Students to help
first lady garden
MILTON — Five fifth-graders have been invited to Washington to help First Lady Michelle Obama plant the White House garden this spring.
Superintendent John Barone said he got the call from Mrs. Obama last week.
School district officials said the call was prompted by the district’s changes to its food service. Mrs. Obama had noted a blog post from Milton food service director Steve Marinelli about the fresh meals now available to Milton students, along with fruits and vegetables in their new “self-serve” bars.
The five students are being chosen from essays they’d written about Farm to School programs and how changes in the school food service helped the school and community.MORE IN Vermont NewsMONTPELIER — Fancy a pint of Pliny the Elder or Heady Topper double India pale ales, but can’t... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation