Man charged following Orwell pursuitMarch 28,2013Police chase ends
in multiple charges
ORWELL — A local man is facing five charges after a high-speed pursuit on Mount Independence Road, according to Vermont State Police.
Police said they arrested Glen A. Tenzer, 45, of Orwell after his car went off the road late Tuesday night.
Police said they initially tried to stop Tenzer after he failed to stop at the intersection of Route 73 and Route 22A. But when the trooper activated his lights, police said, Tenzer sped away.
He was charged with a second offense of drunken driving, gross careless and negligent operation, attempting to elude police, excessive speed and possession of marijuana.
Tenzer was cited to appear in Middlebury criminal court April 15.MORE IN This Just InA stepfather accused of killing his 2-year-old daughter was released from jail Friday night after... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.