Vermont poet laureate to speak at 7 p.m. todayStaff Report | March 28,2013ASCUTNEY — Vermont poet laureate Sydney Lea will share from his most recent works at 7 p.m. today at the Weathersfield Proctor Library.
Lea founded the New England Review in 1977 and his poetry collection, “Pursuit of a Wound,” was one of three finalists for the Pulitzer Prize for poetry. Lea’s most recent collection of poems is “Six Sundays Toward a Seventh: Selected Spiritual Poems by Sydney Lea,” by Wipf and Stock publishers.
For more information visit www.sydneylea.net, www.weathersfieldproctorlibrary.org or call 674-2863.
The Weathersfield Proctor Library is at 5181 Route 5 in Ascutney.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vt. Yankee $10M revolving fund discussed, troubles at the Mission, MSJ's new principal, teens carve marble in West Rutland. 0Rutland Herald Editor Rob Mitchell and staff writer Bryanna Allen discuss some of the stories... Full StoryThe Associated Press Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Researchers find new species of hominid, the Denisovans, and follow genetic evidence that place them across a wide swath of the globe before extinction 40,000 years ago.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Proctor estate sale hits serious legal speed bump, Rutland Town wraps up solar project regulations, Patty Minichiello interviews visiting sculptor in West Rutland and Castleton Crackers honored with national award.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Tamerlane, in 1401 on this day, lays waste to Baghdad; 'Rock Around The Clock' hits No. 1 on Billboard chart in 1955, stays there for eight weeks.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Texas towns, shaken by earthquakes linked to fracking for gas and oil, are fed up and scared, want to ban the practice,
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Fracking linked to 100-fold increase in Oklahoma earthquakes.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Roswell: Weather balloon, invasion from outer space or primitive spy op? You decide. Francis Gary Powers faces the music on this day and it's Russian pop hits, Elisabeth Kubler-Ross born this day and the Mahatma eschews violence.