Robbery surveillance photo released by policeStaff Report | March 28,2013
Vermont State Police released a surveillance video photograph depicting a suspect in an armed robbery that took place in Wallingford early Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who dressed all in black and covered his face with a mask, used a knife to threaten a clerk at the Smart Shop at 172 North Main St. The six-month pregnant woman is shown in the picture being led into a bathroom where her assailant left her while he robbed the store, according to police.
The man is described as being between 5-feet, 5-inches to 5-feet, 9-inches tall. No information about his age, race or other characteristics are known because the man covered himself completely with black clothing, gloves and a facemask.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Detective Sgt. Albert Abdelnour at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just InIn the year since he was arraigned in the hit and run killing of a Mendon woman, former Rutland... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: First televised nuclear test, Woody Harrelson's father claimed involvement in the JFK assassination, Immanuel Kant and William L. Shirer rave on and MIT researchers propose sea-borne nuclear power stations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Accused child killer released on bail, protesters want him back behind bars, aldermen meet to vote on mayor's board nomination, 156 Vermont runners participate in Monday's Boston Marathon.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Soil beneath Greenland ice sheet predates dawn of mankind, Hitch faces true Hollawood problem head-on, Mark Twain on school boards, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.