Robbery surveillance photo released by policeStaff Report | March 28,2013
Vermont State Police released a surveillance video photograph depicting a suspect in an armed robbery that took place in Wallingford early Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who dressed all in black and covered his face with a mask, used a knife to threaten a clerk at the Smart Shop at 172 North Main St. The six-month pregnant woman is shown in the picture being led into a bathroom where her assailant left her while he robbed the store, according to police.
The man is described as being between 5-feet, 5-inches to 5-feet, 9-inches tall. No information about his age, race or other characteristics are known because the man covered himself completely with black clothing, gloves and a facemask.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Detective Sgt. Albert Abdelnour at 773-9101.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: America's feet getting bigger than ever, and Americans keep jamming their feet into small sized shoes. Wake up, America!
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Vanessa Williams resigns from Miss America pageant after Bob Guccione publishes nude photos of her in Penthouse magazine and Hefner takes the high road; on this day in 1995, Alan Hale and Thomas Bopp discover a new comet.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Brandon voters decide fate of proposed budget, calls to police for service on complaints have fallen to new low, city woman who spray painted a response to vandals on her sidewalk is cited for mischief.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?