Robbery surveillance photo released by policeStaff Report | March 28,2013
Vermont State Police released a surveillance video photograph depicting a suspect in an armed robbery that took place in Wallingford early Tuesday morning.
The unidentified man, who dressed all in black and covered his face with a mask, used a knife to threaten a clerk at the Smart Shop at 172 North Main St. The six-month pregnant woman is shown in the picture being led into a bathroom where her assailant left her while he robbed the store, according to police.
The man is described as being between 5-feet, 5-inches to 5-feet, 9-inches tall. No information about his age, race or other characteristics are known because the man covered himself completely with black clothing, gloves and a facemask.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Detective Sgt. Albert Abdelnour at 773-9101.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.