Nancy PotterMarch 28,2013
Nancy PotterNancy Potter
Nancy Potter, 81, of Rutland died Monday, March 25, 2013, at the Rutland Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
She was born Nov. 13, 1931, in Danbury, Conn. She graduated from Danbury High School.
She was a longtime resident of Rutland, and a member of Trinity Episcopal Church.
She was employed as a waitress at the Midway Dinner for 28 years prior to her retirement.
She enjoyed knitting, going for rides and country music.
Survivors include two granddaughters, Tina Bushee of Wallingford, and Karen Corey of Enosburg Falls; a grandson, Dean Bushee Sr. of Bristol; several great-grandchildren and great-great-grandchildren.
She was predeceased by her husband William Potter, and a daughter Jay Bolster in 2011.
A memorial service will be held Thursday, March 28, 2013, at 11 a.m. at the Trinity Episcopal Church, chapel.
There will be no calling hours.
Memorial contributions may be made to the Trinity Episcopal Church, 85 West St., Rutland, VT 05701.
Arrangements are with Aldous Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Seals have figured out fish they like to eat gather in schools around turbines in offshore wind farms. But the environment is not without hazards, maintenance vessels and noise pollution.