Heating unit eyed in fire
BENNINGTON — A Vermont state official says repairs to a state welcome center being built in Bennington that caught fire last week will be covered by the contractor.
Vermont Buildings and General Services Commissioner Michael Obuchowski said a contractor’s heating unit started the fire on the outside of the building.
The fire was quickly put out.
Obuchowski told the Bennington Banner on Monday that electrical, structural and cosmetic repairs will need to be made.
He said he hopes that the work won’t delay the opening planned for mid-summer.