Police investigate area burglariesMarch 27,2013Police investigate
burglaries in area
Police are investigating several burglaries around Rutland County.
Vermont State Police responded Monday to the home of Lee Hadley on Cold River Road in Rutland Town. Police said someone threw a brick through the window of Hadley’s home and stole some jewelry.
Around 10 a.m. Monday, state police responded to the home of Donna Smith on Lincoln Hill Road in Shrewbury to investigate the theft of antique sterling silverware.
A Danby homeowner returned home Friday to learn she had been the victim of a burglary, police said. Sometime between Feb. 14 and Friday, police said,someone broke into the residence of Jadalyn V. Smietana on Danby-Pawlet Road and stole 200 feet of copper piping.
Anyone with information about these crimes can call Vermont State Police at 773-9101. Tips can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info.MORE IN This Just InTOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Rutland Free Library director Paula Baker will retire at the end of the year, state Senate will vote on new minimum wage legislation and Bennington College graduates win Pulitzer Prizes for fiction and biography. 0Rutland Herald News Editor Alan Keays and staff writer Brent Curtis discuss some of the stories... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.