Police investigate area burglariesMarch 27,2013Police investigate
burglaries in area
Police are investigating several burglaries around Rutland County.
Vermont State Police responded Monday to the home of Lee Hadley on Cold River Road in Rutland Town. Police said someone threw a brick through the window of Hadley’s home and stole some jewelry.
Around 10 a.m. Monday, state police responded to the home of Donna Smith on Lincoln Hill Road in Shrewbury to investigate the theft of antique sterling silverware.
A Danby homeowner returned home Friday to learn she had been the victim of a burglary, police said. Sometime between Feb. 14 and Friday, police said,someone broke into the residence of Jadalyn V. Smietana on Danby-Pawlet Road and stole 200 feet of copper piping.
Anyone with information about these crimes can call Vermont State Police at 773-9101. Tips can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info.MORE IN This Just InFire crews responded to an alarm activation at the Rutland Mental Health offices at around 9:15 a.m. Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: When all the big mammals are rubbed out and a faint geologic memory, rats the size of human beings will stalk the Earth.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: National survey ranks Vermont kids' well-being in second place, Springfield takes up anti-loitering ordinance, Rutland debate taxis, Fair Haven woman is arrested in Rutland for prostitution.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather and news: Research scientists say schizophrenia and marijuana use linked. Are marijuana smokers schizophrenic or are schizophrenics more disposed toward marijuana use?
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 365 CE, eastern Mediterranean rocked by high magnitude earthquake and tsunami, in 1865, Davis 'Little Dave' Tutt meets Wild Bill Hickock in Springfield, Mo., to settle differences.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Pesticides in soil and ground water are killing not only honey bees and other useful insects, but songbirds as well.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Judge issues deposition order in for city police corporal's lawsuit against the department, market for marijuana-laced edibles en fuego in at least two states, West Rutland truck fire consumes all driver's earthly possessions.