Police investigate area burglariesMarch 27,2013Police investigate
burglaries in area
Police are investigating several burglaries around Rutland County.
Vermont State Police responded Monday to the home of Lee Hadley on Cold River Road in Rutland Town. Police said someone threw a brick through the window of Hadley’s home and stole some jewelry.
Around 10 a.m. Monday, state police responded to the home of Donna Smith on Lincoln Hill Road in Shrewbury to investigate the theft of antique sterling silverware.
A Danby homeowner returned home Friday to learn she had been the victim of a burglary, police said. Sometime between Feb. 14 and Friday, police said,someone broke into the residence of Jadalyn V. Smietana on Danby-Pawlet Road and stole 200 feet of copper piping.
Anyone with information about these crimes can call Vermont State Police at 773-9101. Tips can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Highway Trust Fund bill passage Vt. projects are moving forward, about 20 state inmates are seeking clemency through new federal standards and search is on to find temporary member for State Colleges Board of Trustees.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Workers on this day in 1984 in a Cheshire, England, peat bog find well-preserved human remains at least 2,000 years dead, born this day in 1843, Robert Todd Lincoln, eldest son of the president, present at three assassinations.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: A fiery pit nicknamed the 'Gate of Hell' in the Karakum desert in Turkmenistan has been burning for 40 years.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: osh O'Gorman reports on the impact of state budget cuts on state colleges, Rutland Town welcomes Donna Zeller as town clerk, Bryanna Allen in Killington for chili cookoff and Haley talks up the big Shrine game with N.H. and Vt.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits: Teddy Roosevelt makes Americans believe the poor, peace-loving, misunderstood piranha is a vicious, dangerous animal.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Teamsters leader Jimmy Hoffa disappears on this day in 1975, on this day in 2003, the last Volkswagen Type I, the Beetle, rolls off the assembly line in Mexico, Ambrose Bierce on the classifications of homicide.