Police investigate area burglariesMarch 27,2013Police investigate
burglaries in area
Police are investigating several burglaries around Rutland County.
Vermont State Police responded Monday to the home of Lee Hadley on Cold River Road in Rutland Town. Police said someone threw a brick through the window of Hadley’s home and stole some jewelry.
Around 10 a.m. Monday, state police responded to the home of Donna Smith on Lincoln Hill Road in Shrewbury to investigate the theft of antique sterling silverware.
A Danby homeowner returned home Friday to learn she had been the victim of a burglary, police said. Sometime between Feb. 14 and Friday, police said,someone broke into the residence of Jadalyn V. Smietana on Danby-Pawlet Road and stole 200 feet of copper piping.
Anyone with information about these crimes can call Vermont State Police at 773-9101. Tips can also be submitted anonymously online at www.vtips.info.MORE IN This Just In
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: Well diggers in Cardiff, New York, find what is thought to be the petrified body of a 10-foot-tall man, perfectly preserved after thousands of years, which becomes a popular roadside attraction until proven to be a fake.
- Pittsford Haunted House
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1720, 'Calico Jack' Rackham, Caribbean pirate and early feminist, known for recruiting women to his crew and for fabric decorating skills after creating 'Jolly Roger' flag, is captured by the British Royal Navy.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Vermont has a new state Supreme Court Justice; city hospital says it can save plenty by upgrading its lights and trucking in natural gas; Springfield has a new town manager, former West Rutland guy, Tom Yennerall.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1307, King Phillip the Fair of France orders hundreds of Knights Templar rounded up and arrested, charged with heresy, tortured until they confess; on this day in 1917, thousands see miracle of Our Lady of Fatima.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Solarfest likely to be on hold until at least 2016, Great Dane involved in theft of an $89,000 shotgun leads police to the thieves, PSB will not reopen VGS pipeline case, prosecutors want evidence in body-packing drug case.