DRP offers micro grantsMarch 27,2013Downtown group
offers micro grants
The Downtown Rutland Partnership is taking applications for its 2013 micro business grants.
Five grants of $1,000 each will be awarded to business and property owners within the downtown special benefits district looking to make purchases that will strengthen their businesses.
Previous grants have funded upgrades including computer systems, exterior signs and more efficient equipment. The grants may fund up to half of the purchase price.
Applications, which are available from www.rutlanddowntown.com, or from the DRP office at 48 Merchants Row, are due in no later than 4:30 p.m. May 3.
The grant program, entering its fourth year, was inspired by the 2009 Downtown Market Study report.
For more information, contact DRP Executive Director Michael Coppinger at 773-9380.MORE IN This Just InBAGHDAD — Attacks across Iraq, including a series of bombings targeting shoppers in a Sunni... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.