George A. HerrickMarch 27,2013
George A. HerrickGeorge A. Herrick
CHITTENDEN — George A. Herrick, 71, of Chittenden died Tuesday morning, March 26, 2013, at his home surrounded by his family.
He was born in Rutland, March 28, 1941, the son of William and Aurore (Guertin) Herrick.
George was a U.S. Air Force Veteran, serving during the Vietnam War.
He was employed by Carris Reels Inc., and from 1968 to 1999, he was employed by Sears Inc.
George was a member of the Chittenden Volunteer Fire Dept. and an auditor for the Town of Chittenden.
Surviving are his wife Betty (Capron) Herrick of Chittenden; three sons, Jeffrey Herrick of Chittenden, Brian Herrick of Rutland, and his children Tawnya, her daughter, Aubrey and Matthew and John Bradley Mendenhall and his wife Lisa Strachan of Vineyard Haven, MA; two daughters Patricia Pelkey and her husband Herb of West Rutland, and their children Marie, Caitlin and Nash, and Cheryl Lowe and her husband Erik of West Tisbury, MA, and their children Emily and Aaron; nieces and nephews.
He was predeceased by his wife Margaret (Carroll) Herrick, and by a brother, William H. Herrick, Jr.
Visiting hours will be held Thursday, March 28, from 4 to 7 p.m. at Clifford Funeral Home in Rutland.
Graveside services with military honors will be held Friday, March 29, at 2:15 p.m. at Horton Cemetery in Chittenden.
Contributions may be made to Chittenden Volunteer Fire Dept, 266 Chittenden Road, Chittenden, VT 05737.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.