Christine M. BarkerMarch 27,2013
Christine M. BarkerChristine M. Barker
CHIPPENHOOK — Christine M. Barker, 57, died March 25, 2013, at her home.
She was born in Rutland, Nov. 10, 1955, daughter of Wilbur and Marjorie (Trombley) Peer.
She married David B. Barker, Jan. 9, 1977, in Rutland. He died in 2009.
Christine was a homecare provider for Specialized Community Care in Middlebury and Rutland. She was a LNA for Eden Park Nursing Home.
She enjoyed spending time with her family, bingo, gardening, flowers, birds and butterflies.
Surviving are her boyfriend, Terry Leach of Chippenhook; a son, David P. Barker of Chippenhook; a daughter, Darcie M. Allen and husband, Todd of Tinmouth; stepdaughter, Susan Latrell of Middlebury; her loving friend, Jody Rounds of Chippenhook; three brothers, Wilbur Peer of Proctor, Lester Peer of Dorset, and John Peer of Castleton; three sisters, Ellen Simonds of Tyson, and Nancy Shaw and Marjorie Bagley, both of Rutland; three grandchildren, Malarie Allen, and Victoria and Jeremy Latrell; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by her husband, David B. Barker; and two brothers, Danny and Richard Peer.
A celebration of life will be held at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to RAVNA Hospice, PO Box 787, Rutland, VT 05702.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Jim Jeffords' legacy, Brandon takes a few questions about proposed budget, beleaguered city playground likely to move, woman awakes to find strange man with knives standing at her bedside.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Former U.S. Senator James Jeffords dies Monday in Washington D.C., a local man is beaten and robbed while walking on West Street, Clarendon sets a tax rate and Brandon convenes an informational public meeting about its budget.
- RICHARD'S POOR ALMANACK: On this day in 1915, the New York World publishes scoop: Thom. Edison diverts chemical from war production to help German pharmaceutical company make aspirin; on this day in 1935, Will Rogers, Wiley Post die in Alaska plane crash.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State panel briefed on smuggling drugs into prisons; new French-German documentary about Vermont's heroin addiction; solar project at Vets Home falls apart; update dispute between Open Door Mission and treatment center.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Climatologists might not know as much about El Nino as they thought they knew. New studies show 10,000 years ago, El Nino was active, and polar ice sheets were rapidly melting — just like today.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: State colleges get a budget cut break, vandals spray paint Wallingford basketball court, state's attorney will replace lost deputies, cop lawsuit proceeds, Mendon mini-golf proposal makes headway.