Christine M. BarkerMarch 27,2013
Christine M. BarkerChristine M. Barker
CHIPPENHOOK ó Christine M. Barker, 57, died March 25, 2013, at her home.
She was born in Rutland, Nov. 10, 1955, daughter of Wilbur and Marjorie (Trombley) Peer.
She married David B. Barker, Jan. 9, 1977, in Rutland. He died in 2009.
Christine was a homecare provider for Specialized Community Care in Middlebury and Rutland. She was a LNA for Eden Park Nursing Home.
She enjoyed spending time with her family, bingo, gardening, flowers, birds and butterflies.
Surviving are her boyfriend, Terry Leach of Chippenhook; a son, David P. Barker of Chippenhook; a daughter, Darcie M. Allen and husband, Todd of Tinmouth; stepdaughter, Susan Latrell of Middlebury; her loving friend, Jody Rounds of Chippenhook; three brothers, Wilbur Peer of Proctor, Lester Peer of Dorset, and John Peer of Castleton; three sisters, Ellen Simonds of Tyson, and Nancy Shaw and Marjorie Bagley, both of Rutland; three grandchildren, Malarie Allen, and Victoria and Jeremy Latrell; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by her husband, David B. Barker; and two brothers, Danny and Richard Peer.
A celebration of life will be held at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to RAVNA Hospice, PO Box 787, Rutland, VT 05702.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Bad crash in Rutland Town sends driver to hospital, natural gas pipeline get support from Addison County Planning Commission.