Christine M. BarkerMarch 27,2013
Christine M. BarkerChristine M. Barker
CHIPPENHOOK ó Christine M. Barker, 57, died March 25, 2013, at her home.
She was born in Rutland, Nov. 10, 1955, daughter of Wilbur and Marjorie (Trombley) Peer.
She married David B. Barker, Jan. 9, 1977, in Rutland. He died in 2009.
Christine was a homecare provider for Specialized Community Care in Middlebury and Rutland. She was a LNA for Eden Park Nursing Home.
She enjoyed spending time with her family, bingo, gardening, flowers, birds and butterflies.
Surviving are her boyfriend, Terry Leach of Chippenhook; a son, David P. Barker of Chippenhook; a daughter, Darcie M. Allen and husband, Todd of Tinmouth; stepdaughter, Susan Latrell of Middlebury; her loving friend, Jody Rounds of Chippenhook; three brothers, Wilbur Peer of Proctor, Lester Peer of Dorset, and John Peer of Castleton; three sisters, Ellen Simonds of Tyson, and Nancy Shaw and Marjorie Bagley, both of Rutland; three grandchildren, Malarie Allen, and Victoria and Jeremy Latrell; several nieces, nephews and cousins.
She was predeceased by her husband, David B. Barker; and two brothers, Danny and Richard Peer.
A celebration of life will be held at a later date.
Memorial contributions may be made to RAVNA Hospice, PO Box 787, Rutland, VT 05702.
Arrangements are under the direction of the Clifford Funeral Home.
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY:
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible news tidbits.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Dresden firebombing helped bring Nazis to knees, killed at least 25,000 civilians, men, women, children, dogs, cats; Veena in Sitka, BIG NEWS FLASH! Old guys get grumpy with age.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Update on Center Alley project, review of opiate talk evening at the library and aldermen want kids to wear helmets while riding bikes around town.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.