Man arrested on drug charges, dad turns him inThe Associated Press | March 26,2013ST. JOHNSBURY — A Vermont man is facing marijuana charges after his father turned him in to police, saying his son was growing it in some bedroom closets.
Twenty-year-old Nicholas Hough of St. Johnsbury pleaded not guilty to a felony charge of marijuana cultivation and a misdemeanor charge of marijuana possession Monday.
Police said Hough’s father, Clifton Hough, went to the state police in February and said he suspected his son had set up marijuana growing operations in both of his bedroom closets at their home.
The Caledonian-Record reports (http://bit.ly/YC1DDP) the 51-year-old Hough told police he wanted to put a “scare” into his son and no longer wanted illegal activity in his home.
Police executed a search warrant several days later and found four suspected marijuana plants, and drug paraphernalia.MORE IN This Just InPITTSFORD – The Select Board meets tonight at 6:30 to hear a presentation by Green Lantern... Full StoryTODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute. 0Rutland Herald content editor Rich Alcott shares local weather information and easily digestible... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Flood watch in effect for Rutland County, developing El Nino shaping up to be extreme this year, Don DeLillo on the season's warming trend and Veena catches digital sniffles, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Dramatic river rescue in Southern Vermont, Castleton moving ahead on sale of old town office building, Passover celebrated in Woodstock.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Woodstock Ave. lane reconfiguration trial will go forward despite resistance, Rutland city engineer decamps for greener pastures in flatlands, technology changes the way many people file tax returns.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Gulf wildlife still dying from 2010 BP oil spill, Veena in Cabo San Lucas, Gertrude Stein on family living, all in today's minute.
- TOMORROW'S HEADLINES TODAY: Police officer identified in deadly Brattleboro shooting, school consolidation boosters silent on savings, lawmakers nix legal marijuana for PTSD and scrap yard helps solve half-ton heist.
- TODAY'S WEATHER MINUTE: Coyotes are true American survivors, Veena on Narragansett Pier, Vladimir Nabokov in Paris.