• Vt. officials hope for more FEMA culvert help
    The Associated Press | March 25,2013
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
     
    Vermont officials are hoping a decision by the Federal Emergency Management Agency to cover the cost of replacing a culvert in Townshend destroyed by flooding from Tropical Storm Irene means more towns will be eligible for such funding.

    State officials announced late Friday that FEMA had agreed to pay about $100,000 more to replace the Townshend culvert after an appeal of a decision that had previously ruled the project ineligible for full funding.

    Vermont Recovery Officer Dave Rapaport says there are dozens of similar culvert projects across the state that could be worth about $6 million.

    FEMA has already paid a portion of the $543,589 needed to replace a corrugated metal culvert with a concrete arch that allows the river to flow freely beneath it.
    • Email Article
    •  
    •  Print Article
    2 Comments
    MORE IN This Just In
    Employee charged

    with grand larceny

    Police said a Fair Haven man was stealing... Full Story
    Man arrested

    for burglary

    A Rutland man will face burglary and larceny charges... Full Story
    BENNINGTON — Southwestern Vermont Medical Center is hosting an American Red Cross Blood drive... Full Story
    More Articles