Guilty plea in Vt. town embezzlementThe Associated Press | March 25,2013BURLINGTON — A former Vermont town clerk and treasurer has pleaded guilty to embezzling several hundred thousand dollars from the town of Weybridge.
Karen Brisson served for about 28 years in Weybridge, a town of less than 900 residents 30 miles south of Burlington.
Prosecutors say Brisson stole money from 2006 to 2012, by writing checks from the town to herself. Officials say a forensic audit puts the town’s loss at $476,000.
Brisson’s attorney says Brisson’s home is for sale and she has signed the mortgage over to the town. The town says it has a $500,000 insurance plan through the Vermont League of Cities and Towns.
She is scheduled to be sentenced in July.MORE IN This Just InPolice and rescue personnel are responded to an accident on Strongs Avenue with an injury at 4:30 p. Full StoryCASTLETON — Castleton College head football coach Marc Klatt has resigned after three years... Full Story
- Most Popular
- Most Emailed
- VIDEO: The play that's under appeal from the DIII state football championships
- VIDEO: Downhill excitement at Silverheels Cup at Okemo
- VIDEO: Woodstock takes on U-32 football
- VIDEO: 2013 Vermont Amateur Golf Tournament
- VIDEO: Police investigate Pittsford homicide
- VIDEO: Rutland High School Graduation